Social Security Office in Gary, Indiana 46403
Frequently Asked Questions at Gary, 46403 Office
- How do I apply for Social Security benefits?
The easiest and quickest way to apply for retirement, spouse's, ex-spouse's, or Medicare benefits is to apply online. If you do not wish to use the online application, or the application for the benefit you want is not available online, you can call (866) 593-2911 or visit your local Gary SSA office. Learn More About Applying for Benefits.
- How do I replace a lost or stolen Social Security card?
If your Social Security card is lost or stolen you can replace it through the Social Security Administration (SSA) website, by visiting your local Gary SSA office or through the mail.
- How do I apply for Medicare benefits?
There isn’t just one simple answer to that question. Before you decide how you want to go about applying for Medicare, you need to understand the different parts of the program and which ones you need. Learn More About Applying for Medicare.
- How do I change my name on my Social Security card?
If you legally change your name because of marriage, divorce, court order or any other reason, you must tell Social Security so you can get a corrected card. Learn How to Change Social Security Card Name.
- Can I schedule an appointment with the Gary Social Security office?
The Social Security Administration does not currently have online appointment scheduler. Learn More About Scheduling an Appointment.
- How do I find out about my Social Security benefits?
Those who already receive benefits can view their payment history, current status, and manage their benefits. To open a personal my Social Security account, go to www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ and select "Create an Account" to get started.
- How does the coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Social Security?
All local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020. Learn More About The Office Closure.
About the Gary, 46403 Office
The Gary Social Security office is located at 808 South Lake Street. The Gary office offers information, guidance and services handled by the Social Security Administration. The following page contains information for this location like the office phone number, hours of operation and driving directions. If you have requests or concerns about your retirement Social Security benefits, or you need to schedule an appointment, contact the Gary Social Security office.
Directions to the Gary, 46403 Office
From Downtown Gary, Take 5th Street (east) Into Melton Road (us 20) To South Lake Street. From The Interstate, Take 1-94 (east) To I-65 (north) To Us 20. Turn Right (east) And Travel About 2.5 Miles To South Lake Street. The Office Is At The Corner Of Us 20 And South Lake Street. From Lake Station, In Take Ripley (north) To Us 20. Go West On Us 20 To South Lake Street.
Reviews for the Gary, 46403 Office
Other Cities Near Gary
- Merrillville Social Security Offices
- Hammond Social Security Offices
- Valparaiso Social Security Offices
- Chicago Heights Social Security Offices
- Michigan City Social Security Offices
- Chicago Social Security Offices
- Palos Hills Social Security Offices
- North Riverside Social Security Offices
- Hillside Social Security Offices
- Evanston Social Security Offices
- Woodridge Social Security Offices
- Kankakee Social Security Offices
- Joliet Social Security Offices
- Mount Prospect Social Security Offices
- Bloomingdale Social Security Offices