Social Security Office in Detroit, Michigan 48221
Frequently Asked Questions at Detroit, 48221 Office
- How do I apply for Social Security benefits?
The easiest and quickest way to apply for retirement, spouse's, ex-spouse's, or Medicare benefits is to apply online. If you do not wish to use the online application, or the application for the benefit you want is not available online, you can call (866) 365-6741 or visit your local Detroit SSA office. Learn More About Applying for Benefits.
- How do I replace a lost or stolen Social Security card?
If your Social Security card is lost or stolen you can replace it through the Social Security Administration (SSA) website, by visiting your local Detroit SSA office or through the mail.
- How do I apply for Medicare benefits?
There isn’t just one simple answer to that question. Before you decide how you want to go about applying for Medicare, you need to understand the different parts of the program and which ones you need. Learn More About Applying for Medicare.
- How do I change my name on my Social Security card?
If you legally change your name because of marriage, divorce, court order or any other reason, you must tell Social Security so you can get a corrected card. Learn How to Change Social Security Card Name.
- Can I schedule an appointment with the Detroit Social Security office?
The Social Security Administration does not currently have online appointment scheduler. Learn More About Scheduling an Appointment.
- How do I find out about my Social Security benefits?
Those who already receive benefits can view their payment history, current status, and manage their benefits. To open a personal my Social Security account, go to www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ and select "Create an Account" to get started.
- How does the coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Social Security?
All local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020. Learn More About The Office Closure.
About the Detroit, 48221 Office
The Detroit Social Security office is located at 10201 W Seven Mile Rd. The Detroit office provides information, guidance and services directed by the Social Security Administration. The following page provides information for this location like the office phone number, hours of operation and driving directions. If you have requests or comments about your retirement Social Security benefits, or you need to schedule an appointment, contact the Detroit Social Security office.
Directions to the Detroit, 48221 Office
Office Is Located On West Seven Mile Rd., 2 Blocks West Of Wyoming.
Reviews for the Detroit, 48221 Office
Other Cities Near Detroit
- Redford Social Security Offices
- Highland Park Social Security Offices
- Clawson Social Security Offices
- Dearborn Social Security Offices
- Inkster Social Security Offices
- Livonia Social Security Offices
- Farmington Hills Social Security Offices
- Roseville Social Security Offices
- Sterling Heights Social Security Offices
- Pontiac Social Security Offices
- Wyandotte Social Security Offices
- Chesterfield Social Security Offices
- Ann Arbor Social Security Offices
- Monroe Social Security Offices
- Flint Social Security Offices