Social Security Office in Poughkeepsie, New York 12601
Frequently Asked Questions at Poughkeepsie, 12601 Office
- How do I apply for Social Security benefits?
The easiest and quickest way to apply for retirement, spouse's, ex-spouse's, or Medicare benefits is to apply online. If you do not wish to use the online application, or the application for the benefit you want is not available online, you can call (877) 405-6747 or visit your local Poughkeepsie SSA office. Learn More About Applying for Benefits.
- How do I replace a lost or stolen Social Security card?
If your Social Security card is lost or stolen you can replace it through the Social Security Administration (SSA) website, by visiting your local Poughkeepsie SSA office or through the mail.
- Can I apply for Medicare benefits at this office?
There isn’t just one simple answer to that question. Before you decide how you want to go about applying for Medicare, you need to understand the different parts of the program and which ones you need. Learn More About Applying for Medicare.
- How do I change my name on my Social Security card?
If you legally change your name because of marriage, divorce, court order or any other reason, you must tell Social Security so you can get a corrected card. Learn How to Change Social Security Card Name.
- Can I schedule an appointment with the Poughkeepsie Social Security office?
The Social Security Administration does not currently have online appointment scheduler. Learn More About Scheduling an Appointment.
- How do I find out about my Social Security benefits?
Those who already receive benefits can view their payment history, current status, and manage their benefits. To open a personal my Social Security account, go to www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ and select "Create an Account" to get started.
- How does the coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Social Security?
All local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020. Learn More About The Office Closure.
About the Poughkeepsie, 12601 Office
The Poughkeepsie Social Security office is located at 332 Main St. The Poughkeepsie office provides information, assistance and services handled by the Social Security Administration. The following page includes information for this location like the office phone number, hours of operation and driving directions. If you have requests or doubts about your retirement Social Security benefits, or you need to schedule an appointment, contact the Poughkeepsie Social Security office.
Directions to the Poughkeepsie, 12601 Office
The Office Is Located 2 Blocks East Of Columbus Drive (east-west Arterial) On The Right Side Of The Street. Municipal Parking Is Located To The Left Of The Office On Catherine Street And To The Right Of The Office 1 Block South On Cannon Street. Directions From Rt 44/55 - Take The Arterial To Catherine Street, Turn Left. The Office Is Located 2 Blocks South (straight Ahead) On The Corners Of Main And Academy Streets . Directions From Rt - 9, Take The Main Street Exit And Turn Right.
Reviews for the Poughkeepsie, 12601 Office
Other Cities Near Poughkeepsie
- Newburgh Social Security Offices
- Peekskill Social Security Offices
- Danbury Social Security Offices
- Hudson Social Security Offices
- Bridgeport Social Security Offices
- Monticello Social Security Offices
- Torrington Social Security Offices
- West Nyack Social Security Offices
- White Plains Social Security Offices
- Waterbury Social Security Offices
- Stamford Social Security Offices