Social Security Office in Morgantown, West Virginia 26505

Need a New or Replacement Social Security Card?

Frequently Asked Questions at Morgantown, 26505 Office

  • How do I apply for Social Security benefits?

    The easiest and quickest way to apply for retirement, spouse's, ex-spouse's, or Medicare benefits is to apply online. If you do not wish to use the online application, or the application for the benefit you want is not available online, you can call (866) 770-2055 or visit your local Morgantown SSA office. Learn More About Applying for Benefits.

  • How do I replace a lost or stolen Social Security card?

    If your Social Security card is lost or stolen you can replace it through the Social Security Administration (SSA) website, by visiting your local Morgantown SSA office or through the mail.

  • Can I apply for Medicare benefits at this office?

    There isn’t just one simple answer to that question. Before you decide how you want to go about applying for Medicare, you need to understand the different parts of the program and which ones you need. Learn More About Applying for Medicare.

  • How do I change my name on my Social Security card?

    If you legally change your name because of marriage, divorce, court order or any other reason, you must tell Social Security so you can get a corrected card. Learn How to Change Social Security Card Name.

  • Can I schedule an appointment with the Morgantown Social Security office?

    The Social Security Administration does not currently have online appointment scheduler. Learn More About Scheduling an Appointment.

  • How do I find out about my Social Security benefits?

    Those who already receive benefits can view their payment history, current status, and manage their benefits. To open a personal my Social Security account, go to and select "Create an Account" to get started.

  • How does the coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Social Security?

    All local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service starting Tuesday, March 17, 2020. Learn More About The Office Closure.

About the Morgantown, 26505 Office

The Morgantown Social Security office is located at Morgantown 26505. The West Virginia SSA handles separate federally run programs like retirement, SSI, Medicare and disability benefits. The following page contains helpful contact information for this location such as the Social Security office phone number, hours of operation, and driving directions. If you have any comments or requests pertaining to your retirement Social Security benefits or interested in arranging an appointment, call the following Morgantown Social Security office.

  • image-4344

Directions to the Morgantown, 26505 Office

From I-79; Take Exit 155 Towards Wv-7 West Virginia University; Turn Towards Star City/wvu; Continue On Monongahela Blvd; Turn Left On To Patteson Dr; Turn Left On University Ave; Proceed To Collins Ferry Rd; Signage For Office Will Be On Right; Office Is On First Floor; Handicap Parking Available; Office Located On Bus Route

Reviews for the Morgantown, 26505 Office

1 Review on “Social Security Office in Morgantown, West Virginia 26505”

  • Vicki L White-Fowler
    2 years ago

    I would like to make a appointment to get set up for social security retirement benefits, I will turn 66 in August. I can get off work on Thursday or Friday afternoon this week.

Leave a Review

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Select a rating

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Based on 1 Review

Disabled and Unable to Work?

If you have serious disabling condition that prevents you from working, you may be eligible for aid.

Other Nearby Offices

Helpful Links

Morgantown Social Security Offices in West Virginia

A listing of all the Social Security offices in and around Morgantown is shown on this page. Select an office to find relevant information like the office’s hours of operation, directions, or phone number which can assist you in making an appointment or contacting an office.

State Resources:

Scroll to Top